First of all, if you have been through a toxic relationship let me first say I am sorry.
I am so very sorry.
I am sorry someone has made you feel like the worst version of yourself. I am sorry if you have been confused. Helpless…scared. I am sorry if you told someone and they didn’t believe you. I am sorry if you have felt like you had no one to turn to. I am sorry for all the mornings you had to force a smile because you didn’t know what else to do. And, I am sorry if you have been hard on yourself for putting up with things no human should ever have to put up with. I am really sorry.
But, you, you aren’t sorry at all. You are not a sorry excuse for a human. You are not dumb or stupid or less than. You are kind, trustful and hopeful. You are good at love. And those things were used against you; but, it doesn’t make you weak. You have endured things other people can not imagine. You have held your fist and your tongue in situations where other human beings would have lost it. You may have lost it too at some point; but, even that is okay because someone was trying to hurt you. And, they did it again and again and again. Not being able to take abuse day in and day out doesn’t make you weak, it makes your normal. No one should have to live like that; no one! I am so sorry you have had to endure that. Living in a toxic relationship is overwhelmingly miserable. If you feel desperate and helpless when you think about the relationship it is not an indicator of your weakness, it is an indicator of the mistreatment you have endured.
You don’t have to live this way. You don’t have to feel this way. Because my guess is that underneath all the pain there is a champion, a warrior, a fighter that is just waiting to be discovered. You just need someone to walk the path with you. Give you the map for the way out. The way up.
Bounce Back gives you the tools you need to be the strongest version of yourself.
- Change: Change can be the scariest word in the dictionary even if you were miserable in your toxic relationship. The Bounce Back program will give you the confidence of knowing that change can be the best thing that can ever happen to you and help you map out what specific parts of your life you want to change.
- Self-Worth: Surviving a toxic relationship takes an enormous amount of strength, but if someone has made a hobby of tearing you down then it may be difficult to remember what those strengths are. Together we will create an internal map so you can learn to be your own superhero. You will discover that you can not be blamed for the way people have treated you in the past, but you can be responsible for how people treat you in the future.
- Beliefs: NLP operates under the idea that our subconscious beliefs determine our feelings, thoughts, and actions without us even realizing. Bounce Back will help you uproot the beliefs that are holding you back from your best self and eradicate any negative beliefs that have developed as a result of your toxic relationships.
- Permission: The Bounce Back program will help you learn to give yourself the permission you need to lead a better life. Permission to take care of and respect yourself. Permission to surround yourself with people who treat you with respect and to be sad and angry about what happened to you. Bounce Back will also give you the tools to move from a victim of a toxic relationship to a survivor of a toxic relationship. Most importantly, NLP and the Bounce Back method will help you to give yourself permission to be happy again. Happy people are strong people and the happier you are the less likely you are to suffer at the hands of a toxic person in the future.
- Core Identity: Neuro-Linguistic Programming is like a user’s manual for the brain. Learning how to become fluent in the language of your mind allows you to finally understand who you really are. After leaving the Bounce Back program you will know exactly what you are about based on the things you tell yourself rather than the what others have said of you. You will also learn how to begin the process of making decisions for yourself based on your core beliefs, values, and priorities.
Bounce Back coaching involves a regularly scheduled 60-minute phone call every two weeks and a check in email between sessions. During this time we will discuss the following:
- Clarify the areas of life have been most affected by the toxic relationship and what areas you want to work on.
- Assess what specific beliefs and thought processes are holding you back.
- Review your resources and options.
- Create an action plan.
- Strategize ways to keep you motivated.
- Strategize ways to keep pushing you toward your goals.
- Celebrate your awesome successes along the way.
Someone has been mean to you and they have taken years of your past. Will you give them your future too? Will you give up? Shut down? Hideout and hope it all goes away? I know you want to sometimes. But you don’t have to. There is another way. You can take the strength you used to survive and teach yourself to thrive. You can Bounce Back.
And I can help.